Sonza Veterinary Clinic is seeking a qualified Certificate IV in Veterinary Nurse. We are an independent, family-owned mixed practice clinic (predominantly small animals) that has been taking care of our clients and their pets in the region for over 30 years. Our practice is busier than ever, and as such we are looking to expand our team.
What we can provide you:
- A dynamic and unique working environment with a fun team
- Permanent full time, permanent part time or casual – the choice is yours!
- An excellent work / life balance
- Flexible roster
- Remuneration well above award wages. Wage starting from $32/hr (permanent, negotiable depending on experience).
- A diverse mix of surgery shifts, reception shifts, consultation nurse shifts.
- VNCA membership and AVNAT registration
- Generous annual CPD allowance
- 4 weeks paid annual leave (with the opportunity to take more unpaid leave by negotiation)
- 60-minute lunch breaks
- Travel allowance
- Working in a scenic rural environment within close proximity to Canberra (25-minute drive to the city), Queanbeyan (10 minutes to Queanbeyan) and the surrounding region, and less than 90-minute drive from the NSW South Coast)
- Regular team social lunches and activities
- Employee wellness allowance (gym membership, massage vouchers)
- No after-hours work
- Lots of toys and fun gear (dental radiography, a complete in-house lab, comprehensive multi-parameter anaesthesia monitoring systems, CR system, ultrasonography etc.)
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- All aspects of surgical and hospital nursing, including care of surgery cases and in-patients, anaesthesia monitoring and record keeping, and supporting the veterinarians.
- Reception duties and administration, including Rx Works operations, Smartflow operations, scheduling appointments, record keeping, client communications and inventory management.
- Admission and discharge of surgical and hospital patients.
- Open participation in ongoing clinic improvements and team meetings.
- Collaborate with management and veterinarians in exploring opportunities for practice growth and development.
- Cleaning of the facilities.
Skills we would love you to have:
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or Bachelor of Veterinary Technology
- A sound understanding of animal husbandry and the fundamentals of veterinary nursing
- Confident working with small animals
- Confident working with large animals (not essential but highly regarded)
- Proficiency in literacy, numeracy, and operation of information technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Participate well in a team environment, as well as being able to work independently
- Have a positive attitude towards your work with a passion for attention to detail
- Provide outstanding customer service and patient care
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Follow written and verbal directions
- Ability to be flexible with rosters, and available to fill in if one of the team are sick
- Punctual and reliable
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and desire to learn and develop your knowledge and skills
- Show initiative and be proactive in all aspects of your work
- An outgoing personality with a good sense of humour
We are seeking applicants for a permanent part-time or full-time positions.
There are no after-hours requirements, and we are closed on public holidays.
If you think you are the person to add to our dynamic team, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org