Sonza Veterinary Clinic provides a range of surgical services, from routine desexing to more advanced procedures.
Surgery is often the most effective way to treat many serious disorders and injuries.
- Mass/ tumour resection
- Foreign body removal
- Exploratory laparotomy
- Hernia repairs
- Aural haematoma repair
- Entropion / eyelid repairs
- Laceration repairs
- Minor orthopaedic fractures (severe cases will be referred)
- and more …
Pre-anaesthetic blood tests
All surgical patients are offered in-house pre-anaesthetic blood tests. Typically, this includes comprehensive serum biochemistry to assesses electrolytes, liver enzymes and kidney function, and packed cell volume (PCV) to ascertain whether your pet is anaemic or dehydrated. These blood tests are beneficial as they can indicate:
- How your dog’s organs are functioning, including their liver and kidneys.
- If there are any underlying conditions that could put your dog at risk.
- Whether we need to modify our selection of anaesthetic and pain relief drugs to optimise your dog’s safety and comfort.
- For all dogs and cats aged 7 years and over, this test is compulsory.
- For all dogs and cats under the age of 7 years, it is optional unless the pet has any pre-existing medical conditions, is on medication, appears unwell or if the veterinarian deems it necessary.